Before I get into this post, I first of all want to apologise for my lack of posts and activity over the last couple of weeks. I’ve been stuck in a cycle of self-doubt and no motivation, which has really made thinking about this blog difficult. But I am back and feeling a lot more myself. Posts over the next month or so still might not be to the usual schedule or the usual standard, as I have a lot going on personally still and I am also going away with some friends. I am hoping to be completely back to normal schedule soon, so please bear with me over the next few weeks.
But now onto today’s post:
Summer is fast approaching and I cannot wait. I love the summer season and all the different things that come with it – the weather (although that’s not guaranteed), family time (during school holidays) and so much more. This summer is also important for me, as one of my best friends will be arriving back from South Africa, where she has spent the last 6 months volunteering. I am also hoping to have a car (insert fingers crossed emoji), so I can be a bit more independent and do more
I thought that I would write a bucket list of all the things that I hope to do this summer season:
- Go to the beach – A classic summer activity but I don’t actually get to do that much because of transport difficulties
- Go to the Zoo – I can’t remember the last time I went to the zoo, it must have at least 5 years, so I really want to go this year
- Explore new places where I live – Although I have lived in the same place for my whole life, I just know that there are places I haven’t experienced or explored
- Spend some quality time with my family – As it will be the school holiday, t means more opportunities to send time with my brother and niece, so I definitely want to take advantage of that – whether it is fun days out or just lazy days at home together. We also have a family wedding this summer, so it is a great excuse fr us all to get together.
- Send more time outside – I am a very indoors person, but I would love to get outside more often and I know there are some great benefits to it
- Get creative – I have so many things pinned on Pinterest to make or do, and summer is the ideal time to give some of these a go.
- Work on my blog – I want too get inspired and really send more time on the quality of my content. Working on images, in particular, is something I want to do.
- Have a barbecue – It is not summer without at least one barbecue
What is on your summer bucket list this year?
— On a completely unrelated note, I have been listening to Harry Styles’ album while writing this post. How good is it!!! I am absolutely obsessed —